Livestock Gross Margin (LGM)
If you are a producer, you know livestock can be a risky business, and you need to protect your gross margin. Livestock Gross Margin, also known as LGM, could be a good risk management plan for you. LGM provides protection for your cattle, swine, or milk produced from dairy cows.
It offers different coverage for each type of livestock.
- LGM Swine protects the gross margin between the market value of insured hogs minus the cost of corn and soybean meal.
- LGM Dairy protects the gross margin between the market value of milk minus the feed costs on the milk produced from dairy cows.
- LGM Cattle protects the gross margin between the market value of cattle minus the feeder cattle and feed costs on cattle.
Benefits of LGM
- You can sign up for LGM on a weekly basis and insure all of your swine, milk production or cattle you expect to market.
- LGM is perfect for any size of farm/ranch because you can tailor it for your operation.
- LGM insures your gross margin over the insurance period you choose.
- Premiums are due at the end of the insurance period.
To learn more view our Livestock Gross Margin flyer here.